Washington, D.C. Immigration Lawyers
Knowledge and Experience You Can Rely On
Since we opened our doors in Washington, D.C., in 2000, our firm Cecil C. Harrigan, PC, has helped hundreds of individuals, families and employers obtain legal U.S. immigration status for themselves, their relatives and their employees, respectively. With many years of U.S. immigration legal knowledge and experience, attorney Cecil Harrigan pursues creative, successful strategies to help clients overcome the roadblocks that are part of the complex immigrant and non-immigrant visa process in the United States. We understand how the visa and consular process works and what the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) officials expect before they will approve an application.
We offer services in every area of U.S. immigration law, including:
- Family and non-business visas: For individuals already living in the U.S., we offer services to help overseas fiance(e), spouse or immediate family members enter the U.S. legally. For individuals living in the U.S. on a non-immigrant (temporary) visa, seeking permanent residence, we offer services for applying for immigrant (permanent) status.
- Business immigration: Our services include working with employers and employees who seek employment-based visas, as well as investors interested in obtaining permanent residency through qualifying investments in the U.S.
- Removal/deportation: If you or a member of your family is facing removal, we offer aggressive defense to help you achieve the best possible resolution with the Immigration Court or the Board of Immigration Appeals. Successful defense options may include applying for asylum, cancellation of removal, waiver of grounds of removability or other legal immigrant status.
- Naturalization: If you or a member of your family wish to apply for citizenship in the United States or document the United State citizenship of a person born abroad, we will analyze you situation to determine if you are eligible for naturalization, whether there are issues of concern to be address before applying for naturalization or whether the circumstance of your birth make you a United States citizen by birth.
Many of Our Services Are Packaged at a Flat Fee Rate
For many of our services we charge a flat fee. At your initial consultation, we will explain the legal steps required to meet your needs and achieve the results you desire. You will know the plan for representing you and the fee can expect to pay before you sign the retainer. In the event you require additional services outside those set out in the retainer agreement, we will discuss additional services and fees with you before we undertake the additional services. Our representation will begin until we are in agreement about the services we will provide and the fees that will be charges.
Maryland Visa Attorney Serving Clients Throughout Washington, D.C., and Virginia
Our lawyers represent clients in Washington, D.C., and surrounding communities in Virginia and Maryland. Call us at 202-387-8866 or contact us by e-mail to arrange an initial consultation with an experienced Washington, D.C., immigration attorney. If you choose us to represent you, the initial consultation fee will be credited to your retainer.
- Immigration Law Overview
- Family and Non-Business Visas
- Business Immigration Overview
- Removal and Deportation
- Motions to Reopen and Appeals